Sergeant David Schlueter, U.S. Army ret., grew up in Minnesota, served in the active duty military for 20 years, lived abroad for ten years and traveled around the world. With over 20 years of experience and education in the appraising field, he is the right choice as your personal property appraiser. David specializes in appraising, teaching and selling strategies.
Training & Experience
- Completed training for Certified Personal Property Appraiser in accordance with U.S.P.A.P. standards (the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice) in Mankato MN.
- Taught appraising your antiques, jewelry appraising and coin appraising for adult education at Anoka-Hennepin, Crystal, Elk River, Hopkins, Mahtomedi, Oakdale, Plymouth, Robbinsdale, Spring Lake Park, St. Louis Park, Wayzata and White Bear Lake public schools and community centers.
- Authorized to write appraisals in accordance with the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) of the Internal Revenue Service title 26, volume 14, section 20.2031-6 (valuation of household and personal effects) and IRS publications 526 & 561, form 8283 (charitable contributions).
- 6 years of college and trade schools which included Dunwoody College MN, Pikes Peak College CO & Fort Lee VA Army University.
- Formal training in fine art, art medium & art history from Anoka-Ramsey College, MN.
- G.I.A. Applied Jewelry Professional graduate from the Gemological Institute of America. I can identify & test precious gems like diamonds & rubies and noble metals such as gold & sterling silver on the spot. I've appraised thousands of pieces of costume jewelry, mourning jewelry, tribal and ethnic jewelry and can identify faux silver such as German Silver & Nickel Silver.
- Experienced numismatic (coin) appraiser. I can identify thousands of U.S. & foreign coins and currency without research. I am a member of the ANA and NGC and have collected coins since I was 10 years old.
- Worked as an antique dealer at four antique stores in the Minneapolis Metro area where I received training on antiques, furniture, china, figurines, books, antique toys, military gear, depression & modern glassware, tools, collectibles, stamps, camera equipment, electronics, household property, folk art, trench art, fakes, reproductions and advanced internet syntax for research.
- Appraised antique and modern musical instruments including accordions, glockenspiels, harmonicas, banjos, ukuleles, bass guitars, acoustic guitars, electric guitars, pianos, keyboards, organs, a vintage portable wood cased organ, harps, flutes, clarinets, violins, xylophones & trumpets.
- Preformed pro bono work for the Goodwill, Salvation Army, Sherburne County and other organizations. If you are involved with a non-profit, faith based or government organization that has such a need, please contact me.
- 5 platform seller and selling strategist, which includes eBay, Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist, traditional retail and wholesale markets.
- Retired Army Platoon Sergeant, Senior Non-Commissioned Officer of 20 years, Active Duty Army 1981 - 2001. While in the military I maintained an exemplary record of service and humbly received numerous medals, awards & commendations. I was in the 101st Airborne, 1st, 2nd & 3rd Armored Divisions Germany, Presidio of Monterey CA, SHAPE Belgium and Ft. Lewis WA.
- Member of TRUST VETS which unites business professionals and entrepreneurs who have served in the United States Armed Forces.
- Member of Kovels the authorities on antiques and collectibles in this country.
- Member of the Minneapolis Institute of Arts the MIA enriches the community by making accessible - outstanding works of art.
- Member of the Minnesota Artists offers Minnesota-based artists a central gathering place on the Web.
- Member of the Highpoint Center for Printmaking which is dedicated to advancing the art of printmaking.
- Member of the Briar Press community of over 73,000 letterpress printers, book artists, and press enthusiasts.
- Member of Heritage Auctions, the third largest auction house in the world.
- Member of The American Numismatic Association ANA nonprofit educational organization dedicated to studying and collecting coins.
- Member of the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation NGC the world's largest and most respected third-party coin grading & authenticating company.
- Member of the American Society for Testing and Materials. ASTM publishes technical standards for metals including those used in the production of counterfeit antiquities such as White Brass.
- Member of Collectors Weekly is a resource for people who love vintage and antique with original features & interviews.
- Member of the The World Gold Council which is the market development organization for the gold industry.